“My leg went up like a flare” Bloke suffers horrific burns from exploding Ecig



Wullie Scott’s says his e-cigarette exploded in a terrifying blast at his mum and dad’s kitchen.

He had burns as far down to his shin and even his wrist from trying to beat out the flames.

The 34-year-old, who needed a skin graft, had been visiting his parents for a family dinner.

Wullie is a notorious practical joker and his family wondered if the fire was all part of a joke.

But they soon realised he was in agony and he was rushed to the Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy then transferred him to a specialist burns unit in Dundee.

The accident happened on Boxing Day, but Wullie said: “I’m still in pain now.

“It burned all my nerve endings so the plastic surgeon says my nerves are trying to mend themselves. That’s why my leg feels so sensitive.

“I’ve spoken to a solicitor about this already and I’m planning to take legal action.”

The battery was made by Chinese E-cig firm E-Fest Power.

Their website warns customers not to put batteries in their pocket with “metal stuff” to “avoid shorting the battery”.

Daily Star Online has contacted the company for a comment.