British backpacker Grace Taylor FOUND after going missing in “disorientated” state


Mystery still surrounds what exactly happened to the young 21-year-old as she had be detained by police to stop her from escaping again.

Grace Taylor, from Swanage in Dorset, was found at Krabi International Airport and taken into custody “for her own safety”

Ms Taylor refused to speak to officers and allegedly tried to walk away when approached by officials, according to police.

She is now expected to fly back to the UK later this week after her family went out to Thailand to help the rescue search.

The young tourist had been reported missing on the island of Krabi by her parents because they had not heard from her since last Tuesday.

Police Lieutenant Jetsada Chanpoom said: “Tourist police officers and immigration officials have found Grace Taylor at Krabi airport.

“She has spoken to embassy officials and we expect she will be leaving Thailand.

“She is feeling sick but we do not believe there was any crime involved.”

Her worried mother, Sam Taylor, described the distress of receiving a haunting phone call last week from her daughter who said “people were trying to hurt her”.

The 21-year-old’s mother Sam Taylor had been posting messages on Facebook in a desperate appeal to the backpacking community to help find her daughter.

She wrote: “Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn”t board the flight.

“Krabi airport isn”t 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. “Where is Grace?”

She wrote a message saying she had received a panicked phone call from Grace, but was still very concerned for her safety after she said she was “frightened”.

She went on: “STILL MISSING. Grace contacted us at 11am today from Ao Nang, she was very stressed and frightened saying that people were trying to hurt her and were following her and she wanted to come home.

“We calmed her down and booked her a flight from Krabi tonight but she never arrived at the airport by taxi and has gone missing again.

“We are desperately worried, all previous backpacker sightings have reported that she is disorientated and not in a god mental state.

“Please can I reach out to the backpacker community once again to look out for her and get her safe. We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home.”

A spokesman previously said: ”We received a call on Sunday morning reporting a missing woman travelling alone in Thailand.

“The family haven”t been able to speak to her since Tuesday, February 16.

“We are now liaising with Interpol and an investigation is underway.”