Migrants who planned to INVADE Britainbound ferry found guilty …but walk free from court


Four Afghans, a Syrian and a Sudanese man – all in their 30s – claimed they were following members of anarchist group No Borders during the 2,000 strong protest last month.

All migrants involved in the protest were based in The Jungle, a 4,000-strong migrant camp in Calais.

The men were found guilty of breaking a security fence in Calais but were told they could walk free with two French people being given modest suspended fines of about £200.

Prosecutor Jean-Pierre Valensi revealed the men were out to create absolute chaos and get as many people as possible into Britain.

He said: “Everything was planned for an invasion of the Calais ferry port”.

The protest on January 23 escalated into chaos when 24 migrants and 11 No Borders members were arrested.

Defending the migrants, lawyer Emilie Leschaeve claimed the storming of the port was not premeditated and only planned “at the last minute”.

British actor Jude Law visited the controversial camp site in a bid to highlight the plight of child refugees facing eviction from the camp.

The millionaire was one of 145 celebrities to sign a letter calling on David Cameron to allow hundreds of migrant children in the camp to come to the UK.

Mr Law visited the Jungle camp with Dad’s Army star Toby Jones and playwright Tom Stoppard while singer Tom Odell and comedian Shappi Khorsandi also attended.