BREAKING Blaze tears through student accommodation killing 12 and injuring 22


They were killed when a fire swept through a girls dormitory housing middle and high school students.

The blaze in Adana, Turkey, may have been caused by an electrical fault, Senior government official Omer Celik said.

He confirmed that at least twenty-two other girls were injured, Celik said.

Also among the dead was a woman who worked at the dormitory.

The dormitory housed girls whose families came from poverty-stricken villages where there are no schools.

Shocking videos showed huge flames rising from the rooftop of a multi-storey building and teams of firefighters working to put it out.